Today, NVIDIA presented a beta version of GeForce 270.51 display drivers supporting GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver. According to NVIDIA, this software suit will bring huge performance boost in lost of popular games:
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTX 590, GeForce GTX 560 Ti and GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPUs.
- Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v266.58 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- NVIDIA Update — is a new feature in Release 270 and later drivers. NVIDIA Update keeps your PC up-to-date with the latest NVIDIA drivers by notifying you when a new driver is available and directing you to the driver on www.nvidia.com. When you install a Release 270 or later GeForce driver from www.nvidia.com, you will be presented with the option to install NVIDIA Update.
- With Release 270 drivers, the 3D Vision Controller driver is now included with all GPU driver installations. This driver package includes v270.47 3D Vision Controller driver. Users are no longer required to install a separate 3D Vision Controller driver or CD driver.
- New features added to 3D Vision window mode
- Adds support for applications using CUDA 4.0 features such as Unified Virtual Addressing (UVA) and GPUDirect™ v2.0.
- Installs HD Audio driver version 22.214.171.124
- Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
- Other changes that can be found in official press release
Download links for NVIDIA GeForce/ION 270.51 Beta drivers:
Windows XP 32-bit 119 MB
Windows XP 64-bit 143.3 MB