AMD today introduced the AMD FirePro™ 2270 and ATI FirePro™ V5800 DVI professional graphics cards. AMD designed these new offerings for professionals in the medical, financial, design and engineering fields who require the ability to view and interact with multiple applications simultaneously.
anet Matsuda, general manager, AMD Professional Graphics, said:
Because of their superior power consumption and multi-display capabilities, solutions based on the AMD FirePro 2270 and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI deliver strong value for financial, medical and corporate workstation environments. With the AMD FirePro family, we continue to demonstrate our focus on enhancing productivity through an enhanced visual experience.
As AMD’s only low-profile, passively cooled, dual-display, triple set support solution graphics card, the AMD FirePro 2270 delivers multi-display capabilities for increased efficiency, longevity and compatibility. For example, the AMD FirePro 2270 features a fan-less, energy efficient design that consumes 15 watts maximum power and less than 10 watts on average. Additionally, the AMD FirePro 2270 enables efficient multitasking across multiple applications, including graphics intensive applications, helping to prevent system slowdowns. Legacy support for DisplayPort, DVI and VGA connectivity allows for seamless integration into existing installations.
AMD FirePro 2270 main highlights:
- Drives two 30” high resolution displays – DisplayPort, DVI or VGA
- Maximum digital resolution 2560 x 1600
- 512MB graphics memory
- PCI Express® 2.1 compliant
- PCI Express® x16 and x1 options available
- Full DirectX® 11 and OpenGL® 4.1 support
- Low profile, half length design, 2.3” x 6.6” (55mm x 165mm)
- 15W maximum power consumption
The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI delivers professionals the graphics performance needed to drive two high-resolution dual link DVI displays while offering users the ability to stretch one image or application across both screens for expanded field of view and enhanced productivity. Support for DVI, the most common digital interface, makes setting up dual-display configurations easier than ever. The ATI FirePro V5800 DVI professional graphics delivers a full 30-bit display pipeline to enable increased color reproduction and superb visual fidelity and supports packed pixel mode to support dual 5MP medical displays.
ATI FirePro V5800 DVI main highlights:
- Drive up to two 5 megapixel displays
- Two independent Dual-link DVI outputs
- Full 30-bit precision display pipeline; requires 30-bit display
- Full 10 and 12 bit grayscale output
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering with 8-, 10- and 16-bit per RGB color component support
- Maximum digital resolution 2560×2048 at 60Hz with packed pixel mode
- 1GB GDDR5 memory and 64 GB/s bandwidth
- PCI Express® 2.1 compliant (x16)
- DirectX® 11 and OpenGL® 4.1 support
- Variable speed active cooling
- <75W maximum power consumption
- 800 Stream processors,128-bit memory interface
With AMD FirePro 2270 starting at $149 US SEP and ATI FirePro V5800 DVI starting at $469 US SEP, both cards are available from professional graphics retailers worldwide.