AMD has officially announced the availability of five new CPUs of Opteron 6100 Series, code name Magny-Cours, that first debuted in March 2010. New processors, to stand against Intel Xeon models, include two 8-core and three 12-core models. The novelties are targeted for powerful and effective server systems as well as for AMD’s key partners such as Acer, Dell and HP.
New AMD Opteron 6100 series processors are clocked from 1.8 GHz to 2.6 GHz, with a TDP level ranging from 65 to 105 watts respectively. The list of names and basic specs of AMD’s five new server CPUs are as follows:
- Opteron 6132 HE – 8 cores, clocked at 2.2 GHz, TDP of 65 watts
- Opteron 6140 — 8 cores, clocked at 2.6 GHz, TDP of 80 watts
- Opteron 6166 HE – 12 cores, clocked at 1.8 GHz, TDP of 65 watts
- Opteron 6176 — 12 cores, clocked at 2.3 GHz, TDP of 80 watts
- Opteron 6180 SE – 12 cores, clocked at 2.5 GHz, TDP of 105 watts