AMD today introduced its full line of revolutionary mobile discrete graphics based on the company’s acclaimed Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, which includes the AMD Radeon HD 7900M, HD 7800M, and HD 7700M Series GPUs. New to the AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series is AMD Enduro technology, the latest cutting-edge power solution from AMD which automatically and seamlessly switches between integrated graphics and the AMD Radeon discrete GPU, depending on system or application requirements — helping to maximize battery life without having to compromise performance. Based on the latest 28nm process technology, and fully equipped with DirectX(R) 11.1 support, the AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series of GPUs represent the most feature-rich mobile graphics launch since the company introduced its mobile product line.
Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD, said:
Three years ago AMD set out to push the graphics boundaries on notebook computers, and since then we’ve done exactly that with each of our mobile launches. With our latest AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series GPUs, we’ve introduced one of AMD Graphics’ most technologically advanced single-GPU notebook graphics processor ever, brought GCN to the mobile market, and introduced AMD Enduro technology, a cutting-edge solution that radically merges power efficiency with performance.
With the AMD Radeon HD 7900M Series graphics processors, ultra-enthusiasts can truly take gaming on the road, crank settings to the max and dominate their games wherever they set their notebook down. The AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series GPUs deliver exceptional performance and provide top-tier mobile experiences for those seeking to take advantage of the latest games and digital entertainment. The AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series is meant for those users demanding performance and power efficiency.
In addition to AMD Enduro technology, the AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series GPUs are also equipped with AMD power gating technology, which dynamically shuts down portions of the GPU when not in use, powering them back up when workloads increase, and AMD ZeroCore technology, which effectively powers the GPU down to a virtually zero-watt state when the AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series GPU switches to inactive mode.
The AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series includes:
- New Graphics Core Next architecture for great performance: AMD’s revolutionary architecture uses 28nm process technology and provides unified graphics processing and compute cores, which provides cutting-edge gaming and compute performance, high compute density with multi-tasking, and amazing scalability and flexibility.
- AMD App Acceleration lets you do more, faster: Enthusiasts will enjoy amazing GPGPU performance and support for OpenCL and DirectCompute APIs. It also supports new features in many top media, entertainment and everyday productivity applications to help improve overall user experiences.
- AMD HD Media Accelerator: AMD HD Media Accelerator has been designed to help optimize and dramatically improve video playback on PCs by taking advantage of the hardware video acceleration of AMD Radeon GPUs. Users can watch the latest Blu-ray movies, online videos and other HD content including DivX files beyond 1080p, in full 3D with low power and low noise with GPU acceleration and enhanced features.
- Next Generation AMD Eyefinity technology: AMD Eyefinity Technology provides the flexibility to add up to six displays in a seamless, easy-to-configure package. Enhancements for AMD Radeon 7000M Series Graphics feature all-new support for stereo-3D, universal bezel compensation and new display configurations.
- Microsoft DirectX Support: AMD Radeon HD 7000M Graphics GPUs fully support Microsoft DirectX 11.1, which supports the most demanding game titles when set at high resolutions at high settings.