Crystalfontz announces CFA735 family of intelligent modules
Press release: Designed as a replacement for the CFA635 family of modules, the CFA735 family is a significant improvement in capability, capacity, flexibility and useability.
Crystalfontz America Inc. is proud to announce the release of the CFA735 family of intelligent modules. The CFA735 family represents the first of a new generation of our serial and USB interface modules as part of our continuous improvement process. Designed as an easy replacement for the CFA635 family of modules, the CFA735 family is a significant improvement in capability, capacity, flexibility and useability.
The CFA735 family in CFA635 Emulation Mode has native support for simultaneous USB and Serial operation. There is an option to order the CFA735 with the CFA-RS-232-01 level inverter for full-swing RS-232 interfaces.
The CFA735 family is available as a bare module, with your choice of internal / external USB cable, or with a serial cable kit (power, internal, and external connectivity).
Highlights of the CFA735 family include:
- The CFA735 is powered by a 32 bit STM32F® series ARM based Micro-controller
- Wide temperature -20° to +70° operational range , and -30° to +80°C storage temperature range
- Wider range of operating voltages
- Support for 3.3v logic levels
- In CFA635 Emulation Mode the CFA735 should work in CFA635 based applications without modification of the host software
- USB interface utilizes an industry standard micro-B USB female header
- Same physical dimensions and mounting points as the CFA635 family of modules
- Supports the familiar 6 button keypad found on the CFA635 family
- Supports USB and serial interfaces simultaneously
- Improved backlight
- CFA735 + FBSCAB can be used to replace an existing CFA635 + SCAB in most applications
The CFA735 in CFA635 emulation mode is being released as a replacement for the CFA635 family of modules. The CFA635 family of modules has reached it’s EOL.
Customers migrating from the CFA635 family should place orders for engineering samples, and qualify as required by established procedures.
The first run of the CFA735 family is available for immediate shipment in limited quantities. The initial release of the CFA735 family is CFA635 Emulation Mode. Our goal was to allow our customers that have integrated the CFA635 into their systems the ability to migrate to the CFA735 in CFA635 Emulation Mode with the least amount of interruption. Q1 2012 – Initial run of CFA735 family available. Limited Quantities. Q2 2012 – Production level shipments of CFA735 family. Q3 2012 — CFA735 fully replaces CFA635.
Price wise, please see the individual product pages.