Mozilla team does its best to update three browser channels (stable, beta, aurora) simultaneously, however, it does not always go the way its was planned. Mozilla has introduced Firefox 7 Aurora one week ago, whereas Firefox 6 Beta became available only couple of a days ago.
The update features the following changes:
- The address bar now highlights domain name
- Added support for latest draft version of WebSockets
- Added support for EventSource
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added new menu option Web Developer with all developments commands moved to it
- Web Console got easer to work with
- Browser takes less time to launch using Panorama
Firefox 6 Beta can be downloaded here.
In the end, here is Mozilla’s timetable for upcoming releases:
Note that, 6th version stands out by having new option (about:memory) that allows change of some memory settings thus reducing the amount of memory required for browser. On the other hand, Firefox 7 is said to have these features optimized even more to reduce browser’s original RAM size.