Despite good overclocking results, GTX 470 video card has several obstacles to deal with. After watching through performance results of the GTX 480, I came up with the following conclusions:
- GTX 470 performs much worse than GTX 480 with the same clocks
- GTX 470 high OC results are possible only by using alternative ways of cooling
- Weak power subsystem is card’s bottleneck when overclocking
- When choosing alternative ways of cooling pay close attention to power subsystem cooling
- GTX 470 requires greater voltages compared to GTX 480, despite having less computational blocks
That’s basically all that I wanted to cover in this article. Sorry for not showing you result of card’s performance in games — I will probably devote a separate article for this topic.
Article contains photos that were borrowed from official EVGA site