GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the launch of its GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards, designed to offer small business users a simple, easy to manage office IT infrastructure using the new and exclusive Intel Small Business Advantage software suite.
Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit, commented:
The GIGABYTE B75 series represents an exciting step up in GIGABYTE’s commitment to Intel’s business platforms, and we are investing significant company resources to promote broad adoption amongst our global customer base. We plan to go to market on launch day with no less than 4 models that will be an integral part of our product portfolio as we believe the features offer an opportunity for our system integrator and retailer partners to differentiate their products and services with the elegant and easy-to-use Intel Small Business Advantage IT management system.
GIGABYTE B75 Series: Small Business Management Made Easy
GIGABYTE B75 motherboards are specifically designed to fill the gap between traditional entry-level products, and specialized business PCs. The Intel B75 Express Chipset supports Intel 2nd and 3rd generation processors and is positioned between Intel Q77 and Intel H61 Express Chipsets, offering a sweet spot in terms of value and features.
Supporting the latest 22nm 3rd generation Intel Core processors codenamed Ivy Bridge, GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards utilize the Intel B75 Express Chipset, and are the first motherboards to be bundled with the latest Intel Small Business Advantage software platform; a collection of free out-of-the-box software applications designed to make it easier than ever for small business users to manage and configure their IT infrastructure.
Intel Small Business Advantage Features
- Data Backup and Restore:This feature allows you to automatically wake up the PC and launch the Microsoft Backup and Restore application. This means that Backup and Restore sessions can be scheduled to run outside of the regular business hours, to minimize inconvenience and impact on employee productivity.
- Energy Saver:Allowing the user quickly and easily set a power schedule for the computer, Energy Saver allows the computer to enter sleep mode at the end of business hours, and powered up just before the beginning of business hours, thus improving productivity and saving energy costs. After configuration, the computer will continue to power up and power down at the scheduled times, with no user intervention necessary.
- PC Health Center:Lets Small Business owners quickly and easily schedule all maintenance tasks, including Windows updates, disk defragmentation, deletion of temporary Internet files and other temporary application files that can take up hard drive space. The PC Health Center application is able to wake up the computer and run the scheduled tasks, helping to simplify PC maintenance.
- Software Monitor: Detects and monitors security-related applications that are installed on the computer; these include Microsoft Security Essentials, Norton 360, Kingsoft Antivirus Software, Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security, McAfee Total Protection and Kaspersky Internet Security. If a monitored security application is disabled or attacked for any reason, Software Monitor sends an alert to tell the user that something has occurred. The user can also define which applications to monitor and how they want to be notified.
- USB Blocker:Computers in a small business need protection from possible security threats caused by the increased use of USB ports and USB devices. The USB Blocker application allows you to quickly and easily define which USB devices can connect to the computer. Different categories of USB device can be identified (e.g. portable storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, smart phones etc), with specific rule configuration options available.
Unique GIGABYTE Features
- Insist on Ultra Durable:GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards support the latest GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 technology, embracing a range of exclusive technologies that guarantee DIY PC builders the absolute best protection for their PC. Specific features prevent common malfunction threats including humidity and moisture, electro-static discharge, sudden power loss and high operating temperatures.
- Humidity Protection:There is nothing more harmful to the longevity of your PC than moisture, and most parts of the world experience moisture in the air as humidity at some point during the year. GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards have been designed to make sure that humidity is never an issue, incorporating a new Glass Fabric PCB technology that repels moisture caused by humid and damp conditions. Using a new kind of PCB material which reduces the amount of space between the fiber weave, Glass Fiber PCB technology makes it more difficult for moisture to penetrate compared to traditional motherboard PCBs. This offers much better protection from short circuit and system malfunction caused by humid and damp conditions.
- Electrostatic Protection:GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards use high quality IC microchips that are rated with higher electro-static discharge (ESD) resistance than traditional IC implementations. GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 motherboards use ICs with up to 3 times the ESD resistance levels compared to traditional ICs. This helps to better protect the motherboard, its components and the PC in general against potential damage caused by static electricity, a common threat to today’s PCs.
- Power Failure Protection:If your office experiences a sudden power outage for any reason, GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards are equipped to ensure that you won’t be dealing with a fatal malfunction and use patented DualBIOS technology to provide fail safe protection for the BIOS on your motherboard, automatically refreshing your BIOS from a back up version in the case of a critical power outage. GIGABYTE B75 motherboards also feature special anti-surge ICs that protect your motherboard, and your PC, from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any kind of irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
- High Temperature Protection:GIGABYTE B75 series motherboards feature specially selected components that make your PC capable of higher temperatures in more extreme conditions, while at the same time preventing your PC from overheating. Using all solid capacitors for the GIGABYTE B75 series both reduces overall board temperatures while, making the motherboard more robust at higher temperatures. The choice of Lower RDS(on) MOSFETs also helps to reduce operating temperatures significantly compared to traditional MOSFET solutions. These component technologies combine to guarantee enhanced longevity and stability for your PC.
- On/Off Charge:GIGABYTE B75 motherboards feature GIGABYTE’s exclusive On/Off Charge technology. A derivative of GIGABYTE’s highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge technology allows iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, with the added benefit that the PC can be on, in standby mode or even off. Many mobile devices can be charged via a desktop PC’s USB ports as long as the system is connected to an active power source, however this is not the case with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Even when the PC is being used and charging is enabled, these devices usually only draw a mere 0.5A for a trickle charge that can take 3 hours or more to fully charge the device. The benefits of GIGABYTE On/Off Charge are that users can reduce their charge time by around 40% while also acting responsibly and shutting down their PC system while it is not in use, e.g. while they sleep.
GIGABYTE B75 Models