GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the GIGABYTE Classic Challenge, its latest overclocking competition hosted on HWBOT.org. Open until August 15th 2012, the GIGABYTE Classic Contest combines two classic stages, great prizes and a small twist.
Overclockers are asked to compete on two classic benchmarks 3DMark 01 and Super Pi 32M with a GIGABYTE X79S-UP5 motherboard and a GIGABYTE X79-UP4 up for grabs. The twist? Simple. If one entrant has the raw talent to claim both stages, GIGABYTE will also award a bonus prize of a forthcoming GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4.
GIGABYTE Classic Challenge Stages
- Stage 1: 3DMark 01 Full Out – Multi GPU Allowed
- Stage 2: SuperPi 32M – CPUs Locked at 4.5GHz
Entrants can use any GIGABYTE Z77 series motherboard and must also use the official competition background. Retail hardware only. Usual HWBOT submission and verification rules apply.
- Stage 1: GIGABYTE X79S-UP5
- Stage 2: GIGABYTE X79-UP4
- Bonus: GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4
The GIGABYTE Classic Contest is open to all HWBOT members until August 15th, 2012. For more details, competition rules and standings, please visit the Classic Challenge competition page on HWBOT.org
All GIGABYTE Classic Contest prizes feature the latest GIGABYTE Ultra DurableTM 5 technology which includes high current capable components for the CPU power zone including IR3550 PowIRstage ICs from International Rectifier, 2X Copper PCB and high current Ferrite Core Chokes rated up to 60A, which together are able to deliver up to 60°C* cooler temperatures than traditional motherboards.
Featured on a range of new motherboards based the Intel X79 and Z77 Express Chipsets, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 technology is the next evolution in quality motherboard design.
* Testing result for reference only. Results may differ according to system configuration.
* Up to 60° C lower temp. obtained using 4 phase IR3550 PowIRstage with 2x Copper PCB vs. 4 phase D-Pak MOSFET @ 100A load 10 mins lab testing without heatsink.
More information about GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology can be found here.