Are you tired of the usual, boring online graphics card OC competitions that always require you to challenge world records? Are you desperate for a different competition format? Internationally renowned graphics card and mainboard manufacturer MSI hears your wishes and launches the AMD “Eyes On The Prize” Target Challenge. This online competition brings you a score challenge format using AMD GPU graphics cards. Be the first to reach the Target score within the timeframe of the contest stage and go home with premium-level MSI mainboards and graphic cards.
Continuous innovation’ has always been the product development philosophy of MSI. The AMD “Eyes On The Prize” Target Challenge, held from February 14 to March 13, continues this tradition. In contrary to the typical 'highest score' and 'extreme performance' framework used in many online graphic card OC competitions, the AMD “Eyes On The Prize” Target Challenge uses a much different format. Be the first to hit the Target Score in the competition stage and you bring home the prestigious set of high-level MSI mainboard and graphics card. AMD “Eyes On The Prize” Target Challenge contains four unique stages. Participants using an MSI AMD chipset graphics cards are welcome to join the game in the first three weeks; and all owners (no brand limitation) of AMD graphic cards can join the event in the last week to compete for the great prizes.
This competition consists of 4 stages. You will receive points for getting into the top 10 of each stage. The one with the most points wins the competition.
- Stage 1: 3DMark11 (Performance) (starts on 14 Feb)
- Stage 2: HWBOT Unigine Heaven DX9 (starts on 21 Feb)
- Stage 3: 3DMark Vantage (Performance) (starts on 28 Feb)
- Stage 4: HWBOT Unigine Heaven DX11 (starts on 7 Mar)
At the end of the competition, the following prizes will be handed out:
- 1x Very lucky Winner: R6970 Lightning. For one very lucky winner, MSI has prepared a sample of the brand-new upcoming MSI R6970 Lightning graphics card. To qualify for this prize, all you need to do is hit the target in one of the four stages. Stage winners are still eligible for this prize as long as they hit the target in another stage as well.
- 4x Lucky Winner (stage 1-4): 890FXA-GD70 + R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition /OC. MSI has prepared four MB+VGA sets containing the MSI 890FXA-GD70 mainboard and MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition /OC VGA card. To win this set, you need to be the first to hit the target in one of the four stages. Note: you can only be stage winner once!
- 20x 3DMark11 Advanced Licence(5 each week). MSI has set aside 20 'Advanced' licences for the 3DMark11 benchmark software, which will be distributed amongst the participants of the competition. Every week, 5 names will be drawn from the pool of submissions of that week’s competition stage. Each of those 5 people will receive a 3DMark licence key. Note: max. one licence per user.
AMD 'Eyes On The Prize' Target Challenge is not yet open for submissions. It starts on 14 Feb. This competition is between HWBOT members. Log in or join HWBOT if you want to join the competition. Please visit the event website for more details.