Thermochil — EC6 coolant
Thermochill Company, well known for its legendary Thermochill radiators, has presented its brand new water coolant to the public — Thermochill EC6
Thermochill Company, well known for its legendary Thermochill radiators, has presented its brand new water coolant to the public — Thermochill EC6.
According to company, its new product is a high performance eco-friendly coolant for PC water-cooling systems based on a blend of refined vegetable extracts with non-toxic corrosion inhibitors and non-toxic UV dyes. It offer’s superb protection for copper, brass, steel, nickel & aluminium and has even been tested with a range of acetal and acrylic plastics.
The non toxic UV dyes in EC6 are stable and are designed not to separate or stain your tubing over time, EC6 is produced and bottled in UK under the strictest quality control measures
EC6 has a high thermal conductivity, is electrically non-conductive* and with its range of intense bright UV colors it’s the perfect coolant for PC water-cooling.
For the time being these coolants are available in three colors — clear, Green Neon UV and Blue Neon UV.
The manufacturer specifies the following features of its product:
- Pre-mixed with No Need for Additional Additives
- Corrosion protection for Copper, Brass, Steel, Nickel and Aluminium Proven to ASTM D3306 and BS6580 standards
- Prevents build up of Algae & growth within
- Electrical Conductivity <2μS/cm at 24°C
- Non-Toxic and RoHS Compliant
- Freezing Point — 6°C
- 85% Bio-degradable Within 30 Days
- Shelf Stable UV Reactive Dyes of up to 2 years
- EC6 is a true Eco Friendly Product
Manufacturer precautions on Thermochill EC6 use:
- We recommend that you do not mix any other additive or coolant with Thermochill EC6.
- We recommend the WC system to have no water leaks including cooling use.
- We recommend frequent coolant changes to maintain your system loop correctly, and to reduce the conductive potential within the loop as much as possible. EC6 can become electrically conductive in normal use over time or if contaminated just like any other coolant on the market
- The use of this product is at your own risk.
- Thermochill is not responsibility for damage caused to hardware, property or data arising from its use.
Xtremesystems forum member bentleya, has presented some results of him testing the new product on forum.
The use of coolant didn’t actually affect the flow behaviour compared to distilled water:
According to temperature readings, new product has slightly better results than distilled water or Feser One Coolant:
The original review of Thermochill EC6 can be found here.