All experiments were conducted on a specialized bechtable with heat load up-to 600W. Several sensors were measuring inlet air/outlet air/ambient temperatures. Heat carrier temps inside WC loop were collected via sensors on radiator input/output.
- Pump: Swiftech MCP35x @ 12V + stock top
- Reservoir: 5 litter canister
- PVC hose: inner diameter 12mm, outer diameter 16mm
- Barbs: 1/2 Fatboy, inner diameter 9.8mm
- Data acquisition devices: mCubed T-Balancer + Sensor Hub
- Fans: Yate Loon D14SM-12
- Flow meter: Koolance INS F17, calibrated, accuracy 2%
- Heat carrier: distilled water
- Heat source: 2x in-line Hydor ETH-300 heaters with overall power load of upto 600W, automatic temperatures control future disabled. Power was collected with an energy meter with, accuracy of 5%
More detailed description of testing methodology will be published in corresponding article.
Radiator thermal testing ended with the following results:
This allowed us to calculated С/W ratio in reference with fan speeds. Next, we have built a table that reflects expected water(avg)-air in(avg) temperature delta:
We also determined how restrictive this radiator is by measuring a flow rate inside a simple (reservoir-pump-radiator) WC loop featuring ThermoChill PA140.3. During testing the following data was collected:
The graph below reflects radiator flow rate with MCP35X pump running at different speed: